- 2 lbs. Raw Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 15 oz. can of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 medium Red Onion (sliced)
- 4 oz. Capers
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 6 oz. marinated Artichoke Hearts (drained and chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 4 oz. Kalamata Olives
- 3 oz. Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Tumeric
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Olive Oil (about 1/4 cup)
Heat up a deep, large skillet. Heat up olive oil and saute garlic. Add chicken until it is browned. Add the onions first and then add all the rest of the ingredients. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, basting and stirring occasionally.
Persian Style Rice
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1/3 cup Almonds (slivered, roasted, and salted)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
In a 2 qt. pot, add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add the rice and stir to coat. Stir occasionally and allow a few kernels to brown. Pour in broth, bring to a boil, and then lower heat to warm and cover. Allow to cook about 20 minutes, until there is no moisture on the bottom. Mix in almonds and cranberries and serve!
The rice is especially delicious, so even if you don't make it with the chicken, you should really make the rice sometime!