Anyways, here’s the recipe! I cut it in half and Glenn and I still ended up with lots of leftovers.
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp butter
2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
2 cups canned chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1/ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
¼1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb cooked, crumbled sweet Italian sausage, optional
1. In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in butter, over medium heat, until soft, not brown.
2. Whisk in the pumpkin, broth creams and seasonings to taste.
3. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
5. Drain pasta and stir into pumpkin, simmering 2-3 minutes more until thick.
6. Stir in parsley and garnish with Romano, more parsley and sausage, if desired.