I made these last night and thought they were just okay, but then I had one again today and thought it was delicious, so I guess they grow on you! This recipe makes 12, so you might want to half it! They are very filling!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 2.5(ish) tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm (it's going to seem really watery). Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce. Mix in mashed sweet potatoes.
- Divide bean and sweet potato mixture evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
(I'm thinking they would also taste good topped with some sour cream and lettuce. Mmm . . .)