And the zucchini recipes begin! I made these last night for dinner. Although they are probably meant to be a snack rather than a meal. =)
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 small zucchini cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray or vegetable/olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a large oven-proof wire rack set on a baking sheet.
2. Whisk together bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture patting the crumbs on. Place slices on wire rack. Repeat until all are coated.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
So I basically didn’t follow the recipe at all because I decided to add some garlic powder, which then turned into adding Italian seasonings, plus I used onion flakes instead of onion powder, and soy milk rather than milk. =) But, it still turned out good! I did end up with a LOT of extra breadcrumb mixture, but maybe my soymilk was less sticky than regular milk? I’m not sure. But you can always mix the extra breadcrumbs into your zucchini fritters!