Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted!
This is because I’ve been so busy actually cooking that I haven’t had time to blog about what I am cooking!
This recipe comes from Martha Stewart, and it is delicious!
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (ribs and seeds included for more heat, if desired)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients, season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Heat broiler. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Arrange salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, broil 4 inches from heat source until filets are opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, place fillets on serving plates, and spoon salsa over fish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
If you’re feeling lazy, I would broil the salmon with the salt, pepper, and lime juice, and then top it with some mango salsa you purchase. =) I tried that as well and it was delicious!